The Next Chapter Model of Change – Episode 91 with Angela Raspass
I’m finally back Podcasting after a long break! I know that for me time and space for creativity, consideration and relaxation is essential so that I can contribute at the highest level, and I have so much to share with you in 2019.
In this episode, I am introducing you to The Next Chapter Model of Change. I realised that within all of the interviews I have staged and in the mentoring sessions, masterminds and retreats I have facilitated there was a model of change I was seeing as women began or realigned their businesses.
And so I’m outlining the model for you so you anticipate what’s coming up or understand why and what you are feeling…
The model is also at the core of my book I’m in the midst of writing – perhaps you can be one of my accountability buddies for this major project!?
Listen to the Episode
Stage 1 Discontent
- Recognise a next chapter is looming – feelings of discontentment. Negative self talk. Restless, irritable, discontent.
- Not excited anymore.
- External projection – people around you are making you cranky.
- Can be triggered by what others around you are doing
- Positively - can inspire you to discern and grow
- Negatively - not measuring up and stagnating.
- Overwhelmed by a sense of “there has to be more”.
Discontent is a positive thing! You need to become aware of your discontent to recognise more is possible. It’s not a midlife crisis, it’s a midlife expansion!
Stage 2 Desire
- Here you get to redefine what it is you want to do when you grow up.
- Don’t get too bogged down in purpose – don’t worry about the bullseye, just be in the territory
- What are curious about? Interested in?
- What would you talk about from your Soapbox?
- What challenges have you overcome and want to help others with?
Stage 3 Decision
- No action can or will take place until you make a decision
- Leave the Deliberation zone and enter the Doing zone
Stage 4 Design
- Create the map to take you from where you are to where you want to be.
- Create a strengths based business aligned with you
- What is your message?
- Who you are taking this too?
- How you will deliver your services?
- How you will communicate it? How you will issue invitations to those you can help?
- Now work inside a framework, not a formula. Find the middle ground. The space between where you trust yourself to follow the steps, but also be open to insights and assistance from others.
- Cascade Plan - Vision > Goals > Strategies > Tactics
- New skills, resources and assistance
Stage 5 Declare and deliver
- Set yourself a deadline – when will you launch?
- Reverse gap yourself for future fuel
- Cross the threshold from private dreaming to public profile.
- Perhaps an announcement party? A Social Media declaration? A visit to the Bank Manager?
All through the journey
- Doubts, Difficulties. Detours and Derailments
- Think of this as Horizon One – you will refine your model as you move forward.
- Don’t wait for perfectly pristine and polished. Authenticity trumps perfection every time.
- It doesn’t matter how it looks. It matters how it feels and the difference it can make in the world.
- Don’t deny the world your contribution!
Links and More Information
- Deliberation Zone (Discontent and Desire)
- Decision Zone
- Doing Zone (Design and Deliver)
Please Support Us!
We hope you liked this episode and found it useful to your business (and you!) If you loved what you heard, we’d love your support either from a review on iTunes or a social media share.
Reviews are greatly appreciated and super helpful in spreading the word to other Next Chapter women. Thank you!