As the year draws to a close, we all look back at how things have gone. Unfortunately, we have a natural negativity bias built into our brains and thus, can then focus on what we didn’t achieve in the year, rather than what we did!
It ‘s important to reverse gap yourself evenly. Rare is the person who managed to hit all their goals in any given year. With all of the Masterminds I’ve facilitated, Retreats I have hosted and Mentoring Sessions I have held, I’ve been privy to an immense range of industries and individuals and what I’ve seen is that it’s common to over estimate what we can achieve in a year, and under estimate what we can achieve in three.
So, please ensure you recognise your achievements and accomplishments too, big and small. This process provides the future fuel for the growth of confidence and self-belief – the foundation stones of expansion, whether that conscious growth is to be wider or deeper. You are building a sustainable business – not of straw or sticks, but of bricks, and that takes time. You are doing fabulously.
In this final episode for the year, I share a number of lessons, some questions to ask yourself as you ponder your year and insights into what’s happening in my 2019 and what that means for you.
Listen to the Episode
- You are a Pioneer. Next Chapter Businesswomen rarely saw our Mothers starting and running businesses. We didn’t have a lot of role models to follow in this very new way of doing business.
- The feeling of contribution, to do the thing you are here to do in the world…nothing feels better than that.
- Surround yourself with Belief Buddies in 2019
- Follow your heart, and bring your strategic head along too
- The Podcast will rebrand in 2019 to Next Chapter Conversations, with more stories and inspirational insights AND a live even or two.
- You will be able to submit your own story to the Next Chapter Conversations Blog
When looking back on 2018, ask yourself...
- What went well?
- What have you learned?
- What have been your biggest aha moments or breakthroughs?
- What goals have you achieved?
- What are you grateful for?
- What obstacles have you moved through that you are feeling proud of?
- What has surprised you?
- Frustrated you?
- Lit you up from the inside out….?
Take stock – where are you now?
- Is it where you want to be?
- Have the goalposts shifted from the start of the year?
- How are you feeling?
- What are you satisfied with and what might need to change?
- What’s not serving you, what needs releasing?
- What’s going well, what do you want to celebrate?
- .. what are you committed to creating in 2019?
Links and More Information
Review and Renew is available for purchase for just $45 (+GST if you are in Australia). This is a comprehensive, yet straightforward, guide to planning for a fabulous 2019.
You can read more and have instant access here > www.angelaraspass.com/plan2019
Please Support Us!
We hope you liked this episode and found it useful to your business (and you!) If you loved what you heard, we’d love your support either from a review on iTunes or a social media share.
Reviews are greatly appreciated and super helpful in spreading the word to other Next Chapter women. Thank you!