I believe that having a strong “Circle of Support” – practices to help you stay physically, emotionally and spiritually buoyant and connections, community and mentoring to build your mindset and boost your growth, is a vital part of your Next Chapter journey.
This being an entrepreneur, a business owner, a guide and leader for others, it can be highly demanding and challenging. The rewards are many – contribution and fulfillment are a big part of what we receive, but there’s not a woman I’ve ever spoken to on this path that doesn’t talk about the mixture of fear and excitement, of doubt and passion. Those ups and downs are far easier to handle, to move through, when you have support in place BEFORE you need it!
And so over the next 6 episodes, we’ll be exploring the Circles of Support of several Next Chapter businesswomen to tap into how they keep themselves grounded and buoyant, positive and energised. It’s my intention to provide you with both inspiration and practical guidance to either develop or further expand your own Circle.
Key points from this episode
- Your Circle of Support often encompasses 4 key areas – Physical, Emotional/Spiritual, Connection/Community and Mindset/Mentoring
- This is a unique recipe of support for you – the ingredients you choose to add into the mix need to be the ones that resonate with you, but I do believe that you need to address all 4 quadrants
My own Support Circle includes:
- I’m exploring Pilates and Yoga
- Connection to a Higher Power
- 12 Step Fellowship
- Guided Meditations
- Gratitude List
- The Power of the Pause
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Yoga Nidra
- Belief Buddies
- Facebook Groups
- Lunches and dinners with friends
- Books, books, books and more books!
- Coaches and consultants to help close specific skill gaps
- Mindset Coach
- My Mastermind with Liz Scully
Links and key resources from this episode
I mentioned many resources that I have both used and developed that I’d like to share with you:
Firstly, the simple Mindmap PDF you can use to brainstorm your own Support Circle.
- Acceptance Commitment Training (ACT) – I walk you through the foundation concepts of this modality so you can move forward in your business even when you feel fear and doubt. Magic? Almost! Click here to watch the webinar
- My Podcast interview with Dr Russ Harris, the “Australian Father” of ACT – click here to listen to “Rise up in the face of challenge”.
- The guided Grounding and Chakra Balancing meditation that I often listen to in the morning is here – just 10 minutes ☺
- The Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra recording that I listen to at night to help my “popcorn brain” to switch off at night is here
- Would you like to connect with like-minded women in their 40’s and beyond who are building and expanding their businesses? You can join the Your Next Chapter Community here
- If you’d like to enjoy a new level of support for your mindset and marketing in 2018, you can explore what’s involved in a Next Chapter Success Circle Mastermind
Support Your Next Chapter Podcast!
We hope you liked this episode and found it useful to your business (and you!). If you loved what you heard, we’d love your support. Here are 3 super easy ways to do that right now:
They’re greatly appreciated and super helpful in spreading the word to other Next Chapter women. Thank you!
Not sure how to leave a review on iTunes? It's easy and only takes a minute - Learn how here.
2. Share it using the social media buttons below