Like many of us embarking on our Next Chapters, Lisa Phillips was led to her work in the world through personal experience. Though it may be difficult to imagine it now, there was a long period of time in her life where Lisa suffered from a significant lack of self-confidence, where she looked at other people and longed to have their self-belief, where she felt stuck and unhappy and experienced depression, even though things looked good on the outside.
Then, a number of events in her own life acted as catalysts that woke her up and prompted her to, as she so eloquently describes, “get out of the back seat and take the steering wheel of my life, no longer prepared to allow fear and doubt, other peoples opinions of what I should do and old stories drive my life!”.
The result? A brilliantly successful and fulfilling Life Coaching business helping other women to do just the same – own their value and build their confidence.
I know you will enjoy this episode as much as I enjoyed making it.
Key points from this episode
The difference you can make in the world is needed, your business is needed, your spark is needed, now!
Key points from this episode include:
- You need to hang around with people who see your magnificence
- Begin my simply asking yourself, where do I want to be and what do I need to get me there?
- That yearning that’s inside of you? It won’t go away! Listen to it before it feels the need to hit you over the head with a piece of 4 by 2 to get your attention.
- You don’t need to get rid of your fears, or struggle against them. Instead, practise self-soothing. Stop fighting upstream. Acknowledge your feelings and then turn your canoe around and allow the current to take your downstream towards your goals.
- Trust your emotions, what you most want and desire will always feel good to you
- Stop being so hard on yourself – we all do this too much! Just imagine what might be possible if you let go and accepted and supported yourself instead.
Links and key resources from this episode
You can purchase a copy of The Confidence Coach right here Written in Lisa’s trademark warm and humorous style, The Confidence Coach will enable you to open the door to the life you want. Case studies are included throughout as well as practical exercises and Top Tips for unlocking your inner confidence.
Lisa has also provided us with a wonderful list of 7 ways to increase your confidence – I highly recommend you download and print out this list and then keep it nearby to revisit whenever you need a boost!
About Lisa Phillips - The Confidence Coach
With over 15 years’ experience, Lisa Phillips is a certified and experienced Confidence and Life Coach .
Lisa’s work as a coach is regularly featured on TV, Radio and in print. She has her own confidence coaching in the UK press and her new book ‘The Confidence Coach’ was released in July 2015
She is also a regular on the speaking circuit and regularly runs workshop for Universities, business and personal clients on topics of self-empowerment and confidence.
In 2015, Lisa was nominated by the International Coaching Federation NSW for ' Coach of the Year' and was also Bronze Stevie Award winner in 2015 for ' Coach or Mentor of the Year'
In both 2014 and 2015, she was a Bronze Stevie Award winner for her work assisting people with Confidence.
Connect with Lisa Phillips - The Confidence Coach
Support Your Next Chapter Podcast!
We hope you liked this episode and found it useful to your business (and you!). If you loved what you heard, we’d love your support. Here are 3 super easy ways to do that right now:
They’re greatly appreciated and super helpful in spreading the word to other Next Chapter women. Thank you!
Not sure how to leave a review on iTunes? It's easy and only takes a minute - Learn how here.
2. Share it using the social media buttons below