Just over 30 years ago Lynn Robinson arrived at the funeral of a friend and heard a voice telling her to “please sit here”, beside a woman that she did not know. She took her seat, but when she looked around to thank the speaker, there was no one physically there.
In a beautiful example of divine timing, universal support and the importance of following your intuition, the conversation that followed threw open the door to a wonderful new world for Lynn. She responded to the simple question of what do you do, with what she truly desired to be – “I’m an Intuitive Reader” rather than the actuality of her current situation, “Project Manager at a Software Firm”. The woman asked to book a reading and ended up sharing the experience with her audience – she was a writer for the local paper. Over 500 enquiries flowed through to Lynn’s fledging business over the next month.
She never looked back and a flourishing, deeply rewarding career has been the result.
Key points from this episode
Although your intuition does not always give such direct advice and resounding results, it is always there, always supportive and always ready to provide you with guidance and support. Lynn refers to Intuition as Your Inner GPS or compass.
- The Universe does indeed, have your back, and wants what is best for you
- It speaks to you I many ways – as a voice, a sense of knowing, chills up and down your spine, goosebumps on your arms, tightness in your stomach and across your shoulders, a vibration throughout your body – tune into how it speaks to you
- It’s important to be aware of our self-talk and to keep it positive – it can be difficult to hear your intuition if you are submerged in a dark cloud of discouragement
- Practice listening to it for small decisions at first, and then as you become more accustomed to how it speaks to you, move towards larger issues, challenges or opportunities
- It is human nature to be afraid of change and taking risks – we often want the feelings of confidence before we undertake something new – but that’s just not possible. We gain confidence from taking the action.
- Be aware that when you ask for guidance (and open-ended questions are the best ones to use when communicating with your inner GPS), the answers may not come right away – stay open and aware for subtle assistance
- Is it fear or instinct or intuition? If it keeps coming back again and again, even if there is a frisson of fear as the idea will take you out of your comfort zone, then it is likely pure intuition
- The power of surrounding yourself with support from like-minded people who help her to recognise patterns and step through fear is unbeatable – Lynn credits her Mastermind with playing an important role in her business growth
Links and key resources from this episode
Lynn spoke of following her “Intuitive Business Plan”
- Get clear on what it is that you want (and sometimes that is only how you want to feel)
- Talk to yourself in affirmations, as though at you most desire has already been created, it already exists – “I am enjoying a successful business, I am booked out with beautiful clients, I am leading a retreat in Bali….”
- Place your hand over your heart and ask yourself – “what things can I do to shift myself in that direction?”
- Get quiet and listen, and then act on the ones that make you feel quietly excited and energised…
You can access Lynn’s books through the images below:
About Lynn Robinson
Lynn Robinson is a bestselling author and popular speaker on the hot topic of intuition. She teaches how to tap into the power of your “Inner GPS.” Her intuitive reading clients consistently praise her uncanny insights as “spot on,” resulting in personal clarity, creative solutions and overall success. Her latest book is Put Your Intuition to Work (Career Press). She’s also the author of Divine Intuition: Your Inner Guide to Purpose, Peace and Prosperity (Jossey-Bass.)
Lynn has authored seven books on intuition, which have been translated into more than a dozen languages. She has a passion for teaching people how to access their intuition and develop it for practical use in everyday life.
Connect with Lynn Robinson
Support Your Next Chapter Podcast!
We hope you liked this episode and found it useful to your business (and you!). If you loved what you heard, we’d love your support. Here are 3 super easy ways to do that right now:
They’re greatly appreciated and super helpful in spreading the word to other Next Chapter women. Thank you!
Not sure how to leave a review on iTunes? It's easy and only takes a minute - Learn how here.
2. Share it using the social media buttons below