It’s It’s that time of the year isn’t it? The time were we begin to reflect on the year that has been and looking forward to the year that will be.
The questions politely sit in the back of your mind and wait for your attention. They may be patient, but they’re persistent little suckers and won’t leave you alone until you give them the time they want and need.
They’ll be quite personal and unique for each of us, but in essence we’re wondering.
How was this year?
Am I satisfied?
Did it go well?
What could I have done better?
What will the new year be like?
Am I on track, on purpose? Is it time to change? Or shall I continue?
I’m in exactly the same boat right now. Considering, questioning, evaluating, comparing, wondering, thinking… and in this weeks episode I share my experiences of 2016 with you, the pain and the growth, the rule breaking and the letting go, the gratitude and the new intentions. I encourage you to gently, with self-compassion and optimism, regard your year behind and the one waiting for you to step into…
Key points from this episode
- Start with the Reverse Gap – I firmly believe you do need to look at what was before you can then move onto what will be.
- Liberally applied self-compassion before you embark on this consideration phase!
- Being a business owner means you can reprioritise when you need to – and this is a fabulous freedom to have
- Don’t forget to take care of you in the midst of challenge – this is a non negotiable!
- Sometimes the only thug you can do is let go. Surrender. Realise that we really have no control and we have to trust that things will turn out exactly as they are meant too.
- It it feels hard, feels misaligned, feels like a should rather than a want to, it’s probably not for you.
- Strategy is really, really important but you cannot start there. You need to start with your feelings, your desires, your soul work.
- The Universe does have your back. I promise.
Links and key resources from this episode
Get involved in #MyNextChapter2017
It’s a very simple initiative. You just need to share an image or a quote on your Facebook profile or page or on Instagram that symbolises or illustrates a key 2017 intention or project or goal and tell us what it is and why it’s important to you. Perhaps you’ll even explain a little about what you’ve overcome, or are working through, that has made this a priority for you in the new year.
Make sure you add in #MyNextChapter2017 so we can find your post. You may even find yourself winning one of six Inspiration Packs that I’m giving away, to help you honour yourself and your intention.
You can read more about the #MyNextChapter2017 event here
It runs from mid December to January 31st and I would truly love and appreciate your involvement.
Support Your Next Chapter Podcast!
We hope you liked this episode and found it useful to your business (and you!). If you loved what you heard, we’d love your support. Here are 3 super easy ways to do that right now:
They’re greatly appreciated and super helpful in spreading the word to other Next Chapter women. Thank you!
Not sure how to leave a review on iTunes? It's easy and only takes a minute - Learn how here.
2. Share it using the social media buttons below