Wayapa Wuurk – a practice of deep reconnection – Ep 129 with Sara Jones
Canadian born, with Welsh heritage, Sara Jones came to Australia as a 14-year-old. Many years later, after years of work with indigenous communities, Sara has developed a deep, reverential relationship with the land through the practice of Wayapa Wuurk, an earth connection practice that is based on ancient Indigenous wisdom that focuses on taking care of the Earth as the starting point for creating Earth Mind Body Spirit well-being. It has changed her life and the lives of all who choose to explore it.
Listen to the Episode
- Our planet is a terrarium. It is the earth that sustains us, not the Universe
- A daily interaction with our environment leads to an understanding of our reciprocal relationship
- We all have hunter gatherer ancestors who lived off the land – it’s time to honour the ancient ways of those who loved successfully in harmony with the environment
- Living in cities has led to our sense of disconnection from the land, and often a sense of overwhelm that can lead to emotional paralysis. When we take time to pause, to regenerate, hope and purpose rise again
- Ethical, conscious purchasing habits can make a big difference on an individual level. It’s also important to pause and consider intergenerational wellbeing – where will your purchase go when you are no longer here?
- Wayapa Wuurk is an embodiment practise with a story heart, anchored in the Creator, sun, moon, earth, lightning, rain, wind, tree, air, land animal, water, hunter, gatherer and child (the future creator) and gratitude for all that sustains us
- My own journey out of addiction and the disconnection that results was a journey into acceptance, total personal responsibility and love
- I can now go out and share this understanding with the world
Links and More Information
Sara Jones wants to live in a world where Indigenous Knowledge is rightfully respected. She is the co-founder of Wayapa Wuurrk®.
Having worked within the Indigenous Community for over 15 years, Sara believes life could be so much better, if only we listened to the wisdom of the world’s oldest living culture. Bringing a deep respect for Aboriginal culture, Sara combines her business experience within Community, with her passion for Energy Healing, Metaphysics and any natural wellness practices. She has experienced the deep healing and wellbeing effects of Wayapa® personally so is dedicated to sharing it with others for a better world.
Together with her partner Jamie Marloo Thomas, Sara is passionate about challenging thinking and restoring connection within and between people, the Earth and Spirit.
Please Support Us!
We hope you liked this episode and found it useful to your business (and you!) If you loved what you heard, we’d love your support either from a review on iTunes or a social media share.
Reviews are greatly appreciated and super helpful in spreading the word to other Next Chapter women. Thank you!