When you’re standing at the crossroads – a conversation about The Coronation: Ep 117 with Carolyn Tate & Angela Raspass
All great change begins when your thinking is challenged – COVID 19 is a great unknown, it’s provided a non-optional pause for great slices of the world and for many of us this space has allowed contemplation – what might change as we move forward again?
My own musing was significantly expanded when I was introduced to an essay by Charles Eisenstein, a graduate of Yale University with degrees in economics and philosophy (a most unusual combination, so it’s perhaps not surprising that his writing is both ground-breaking and thought-provoking in many ways).
You can read The Coronation Essay here.
Charles is also a social philosopher focusing on themes of human cultural evolution, economics, and consciousness, and the author of many books including Climate a new story and Sacred Economics, The More Beautiful world our hearts know is possible.
My good friend, author and Purpose Proponent, Carolyn Tate, was also an enthusiast reader and when we were comparing notes, we knew there was a deeper conversation to be had.
And so here it is… we hope it inspires you to have a conversation about what changes are now waiting for you in Your Next Chapter too.
Listen to the Episode
“To interrupt a habit is to make it visible, to turn it from a compulsion to a choice”.
We’re at a crossroads, and the opportunity is here for us as Business Leaders and Business Owners to consider changes we can make now. It does not have to be “business as usual” when we return to the new normal that awaits us.
- Considered choices are available to you
- Don’t allow uncertainty to push you towards hasty, fear-based decisions
- What’s important to you as a business person and as a woman?
- Every individual can contribute, we are all part of the whole
We never know
- Uncertainty is the only certainty, with this Pandemic and with business and life
- There is freedom in this truth
- We can break the trance of “the way it has to be”
- Kindness, compassion, return to Mother Earth, appreciation, the opportunity to put society before economy
- We head the Care Economy
- Love, compassion, kindness (generosity, community, loyalty)
- How do your values play out in business, homes and relationships?
- If we all choose to radiate at this vibration, the ripple effect comes into play
- Why do you do what you do?
- What businesses most matter now? Which ones will be dismantled? Will there be more focus on local business? How can you contribute?
- The move from consumer to citizen, economy to society
- What’s calling you?
How will you choose to show up differently now – as a Leader, as a Business Owner?
Please Support Us!
We hope you liked this episode and found it useful to your business (and you!) If you loved what you heard, we’d love your support either from a review on iTunes or a social media share.
Reviews are greatly appreciated and super helpful in spreading the word to other Next Chapter women. Thank you!