How to welcome change – Ep 112 with Jo Hanlon
“Change, cultures and conversations” they’ve always been a part of my life, they’ve been woven together in many adventures!”
Jo’s story is one with many chapters, with forays from nursing to sales and self-employment across countries and continents. The environments may have changed, but the focus never did – “My purpose is to help people develop their own strengths, and I love to work with people who want to change. I made the leap into self-employment at 48 to embrace more impact, significance and contribution”
Our conversation is anchored in the concepts of self-trust, values and our ability to empower ourselves for the changes that a full and expansive life delivers!
Listen to the Episode
- Always be intentional with what you consume - the media can affect our mood enormously
- Have a great network of people around you - reach out and find your tribe, you can't walk this path alone
- Mistakes? Who cares! We learn from every one of them, they're ok to make!
- There are only two states to live in - faith or fear
- Trust that your life is unfolding exactly as it is meant to
- Align with your purpose - it will help you to take control of your life, make decisions that serve you and be truly empowered
- Design values-driven business - that's the secret to abundance
- Trust your gut, your intuition, it won't lead you astray
- Be aware of SNIOP - that's when you're Subjected to the Negative Influence of Other People
Links and More Information
Many business owners have a real passion for and single focus on their business but can find it hard to remain aligned and in balance, especially when it comes to dealing with other people. When it goes wrong, things can go rapidly pear-shaped, affecting your own, your team and your business performance, engagement, culture and behaviours.
To add complexity in this compliance heavy employment market, running a business can be lonely and at times scary causing uncertainty and doubt, especially when you have the added responsibility of staff. At times like this, it’s even more important than ever to know someone has your back, especially when you need to have difficult conversations, make hard choices and decisions and want to do this not just legally, but also from your heart with compassion and care.
Because you are at the centre of your business whether a solopreneur or employer, it's key to have a helpful mindset and having a committed person or team of people who can act as a sounding board may be the difference between you remaining sane or not! Well you can relax, help is at hand and believe me, reaching out for help is a real act of Bravery because we all need a helping hand at times no matter how much we actually do or think, we know!
I'm passionate about helping people who are committed to taking action, who truly care about themselves, their team and their business and want to do this using a blend of head, heart and intuition.
I use coaching, mentoring and business advisory with individuals, teams and SME’s to boost productivity, open communication channels, and cultivate positive work cultures, particularly during times of growth and transition to create lasting change. Let's chat!
Please Support Us!
We hope you liked this episode and found it useful to your business (and you!) If you loved what you heard, we’d love your support either from a review on iTunes or a social media share.
Reviews are greatly appreciated and super helpful in spreading the word to other Next Chapter women. Thank you!