The power of a positivity practice – Ep 104 with Diane Lang
Diane Lang and I chat about how most of us have a story that has led us to the field of helping, just as I believe that next Chapters are often built on skinned knees.
We may have even experienced Post-Traumatic Growth, that brilliant gift of insight, empathy, compassion, and wisdom that comes as a result of challenges we’ve overcome and learned from. Once we’ve healed and have a degree of distance, we can then use our experiences as the foundation for our work in the world.
An important part of this internal journey is the cultivation of a Positivity Practice, drawn from the Positive Psychology movement, which helps you to develop a robust and resilient mental and spiritual attitude that will have sweeping benefits in your business and life.
Such good advice with many practical tips in this episode!
Listen to the Episode
- You can positively change from a traumatic event in your life – the growth comes after the healing
- You may experience circumstances out of your control, but you can also become a role model for others
- Our business and life experiences deliver so many ups and downs – and that’s how you develop empathy and emotional intelligence
- You can’t be happy every day! It’s far better to be self-aware and feel ALL your emotions – that’s where your growth and resilience comes from
- To grow, you need a support system with one key ingredient – unconditional love
- How do you build a Positivity Practice? With simple steps…
- If you feel blocked and struggling, don’t do the same old, same old. Explore something that provides flow for you – when you participate in something that combines challenge and passion you can forget your problems and new ideas arrive
- Get involved in sport and creativity pursuits – they will de-stress you
- Cultivate gratitude – over time it retrains your brain to go from negative to positive, and if you do it at night, it will also positively impact on the quality of your sleep because…. What you focus on grows
- Within a month you will feel the benefits in your business and your life!
Links and More Information
As a Therapist, Educator and Positive Living Expert, Diane has dedicated her career to helping people turn their lives around and is now on a mission to help them develop a sustainable positive attitude that can actually turn one into an optimist, literally.
Through her three books, “Creating Balance & Finding Happiness”, “Baby Steps: the Path from Motherhood to Career” and “Mindfully Happy- waking up to life.” Diane has been speaking and empowering people nationwide. She is also an Adjunct in Psychology at Montclair State University, where her college work includes mentoring students for personal issue advisement.
As an expert in her fields of therapy, Lang has been featured in the Daily Record, Family Circle, Family Magazine, Working Mother Magazine and Cookie Magazine, seen on NJ 12 TV, Good day CT, Style CT, The Veira Network, CBS TV and “Fox & Friends”. She has also participated in a reality-based Internet show, ourprisoner.com, hosted Generation X-tinet.
Please Support Us!
We hope you liked this episode and found it useful to your business (and you!) If you loved what you heard, we’d love your support either from a review on iTunes or a social media share.
Reviews are greatly appreciated and super helpful in spreading the word to other Next Chapter women. Thank you!