Perhaps you have a clear idea of the new business you want to create and grow and you’re excited … a little daunted, and seeking inspiration, encouragement and help to figure out your next steps.
Perhaps your ideas are just whirling around, and you’re not sure how to catch them, evaluate them, prioritise them, let alone turn them into a tangible business concept…
You know it's time for change
- Often this desire for change is because your responsibilities to young children or others are receding, and so new possibilities are emerging for you.
- Or you may have realised that this corporate role you’re in just doesn’t fit you anymore and you don’t want to reach the next stage of life with regret.
- And sometimes it’s because you’ve been through a deeply challenging personal experience – redundancy, divorce, illness, addiction, and you’ve emerged stronger, wiser and more determined than ever, with insights and wisdom to share.
Whatever the catalyst, it’s clear to you that you can’t remain the same any longer.
It’s time to reprioritise your own dreams and goals. It’s time to repurpose your skills, experience, and values into a business that blends contribution, fulfilment and delivers financial rewards, serving you just as much as you serve your clients.
Change is often uncomfortable and challenging
Growth and change are seldom clear-cut and easy and without support, it’s even harder to start something new.
You may get stuck in what I call the “Deliberation Zone” in the model of change - that's when you're oscillating between discontent with the ways things are now and defining what you actually desire to create. What needs to come to life.
To move into the "Doing Zone", where you actively design your next chapter and then deliver it to the world, you need to make a decision.
Doubt, uncertainty, misbeliefs and fear can all get in the way. Your own self-talk as well as your surrounding influences can hinder or hamper your ability to make that decision.
Is this how you are feeling?
Some of the feelings that women in this Discovery stage share with me often revolve around:
- Self-doubt - can I actually do this?
- Ideas galore - but a lack of clarity
- Isolation - there's no one I can really talk with about this
- Fear of things not working out - what if it all goes wrong?
- Overwhelm - where do I start?
- Uncertainty - how do I know if this is the right option for me?
They most often say “I know there is a different future for me. I just need to work out what that is and then have the confidence to act on it. How do I do that? What’s possible for me?”.
The next step to take when you are in Discovery Mode
Purchase a copy of my book
In "Your Next Chapter - Ditch your doubt, own your worth, and build the business you really want" I share my experience of choosing to close my marketing agency, let go of my staff and head in a new direction, exchanging consulting for mentoring and a commitment to self-worth education. I walk you through the Next Chapter Cycle of Change showing you how to get clear on your ideas and develop the courage to bring them to life and then provide tangible business building tools so you can design and deliver your business to the world.
"In this book, Angela has created a framework that both inspires and equips women so that the remarkable future they envision for themselves is finally within reach. With clarity and compassion, she sensitively shares the way forward for women whose personal and professional lives may have already taken many turns.
Your Next Chapter is an inspiring read that will transform the way you think and feel about your life, family, business and the legacy you would like to leave in our world. Full of practical strategies, real-life stories of achievement and tools to make your decision-making simpler, Your Next Chapter will show you how it really is possible for women to not only dream big but to also create a fulfilling life and business that is balanced, positive and purposeful".
Sonja Walker, Founder, Kids First Children’s Services